Speed up Your Recovery with Pre-Surgical Rehabilitation
What does pre-hab do?
There are also some mental benefits to pre-hab – while surgery can be scary, pre-surgical rehabilitation can provide you with the peace of mind you need to go into your surgery with confidence, fully knowing that you did everything you could to prepare yourself. Our Vitality physiotherapist will provide you with helpful tips to be as physically and mentally prepared as possible for your procedure.
What will pre-hab do for me?
Our Riverside South Vitality physiotherapists are trained in helping improve range of motion and patterns of movement with targeted stretches and exercises that can be done both before and after surgery. Participating in pre-surgical rehab sets you up for a successful surgery by improving your physical health and promoting overall wellness before your procedure.
Book a Session
Top 6 benefits of pre-hab:
- Improved outcomes. APTA states that pre-hab can improve the overall outcome of surgery and it can even help in saving money if everything goes smoothly. If your muscles are strengthened prior to surgery, it is more likely that the surgery will be successful and the recovery time will be shorter.
- Shortened recovery. Pre-hab allows for a much smoother surgical process. Having strong and toned muscles before surgery helps you get back to your regular routine much easier and quicker than you would without.
- Reduced complications. Pre-hab incorporates targeted exercises to help increase your strength and endurance. As a result, this can improve your immunity, meaning that the chance of infection after surgery is much lower.
- Reduced pain. Pre-hab can greatly reduce your pain following surgery. This can be done through a variety of methods, including ice and heat therapy, exercise, or massage.
- Increased stamina. It is no secret that any surgical procedure will result in a loss of strength as your body is recovering. However, pre-hab can help in reducing how much strength is lost by increasing your stamina before the operation. In turn, this will make the recovery process much smoother since there will be less strength loss.
- The possibility of avoiding surgery. Sometimes, pre-hab treatments can even eliminate the need for surgery altogether. While this is not always the case, some patients have actually found that their pre-hab treatments were sufficient enough in reducing their pain that they canceled their upcoming surgery.
If your pre-hab treatments are successful in decreasing your pain and improving your function, you may save yourself from an invasive procedure. If your condition begins to improve considerably after starting your treatments, you’ll want to consult with your physician regarding future treatment options and the possibility of avoiding an unnecessary surgical procedure.
Find relief today with Vitality Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre:
If you have a surgery coming up in the near future, don’t hesitate to contact Vitality Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre today to get started on a pre-hab plan! In order to gain the most benefits from pre-hab, it is best to get started as soon as possible. Contact our Riverside South office today to schedule a consultation and find out how we can help you get back to your life quicker after your surgery!