Neck Pain Relief
Get Neck Pain Relief with Our Proven Physiotherapy Techniques
APTA states that approximately one-third of the population experiences neck pain every year. The neck is an integral part of your everyday movements, and neck pain can create undesirable challenges on daily tasks you can usually complete with ease. If left untreated, neck pain can lead to some serious conditions, and surgical correction may even be needed.
If you have been experiencing neck pain, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with one of our Riverside South Vitality physiotherapists today. Vitality Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre can help treat all the pains in your neck!
Why am I experiencing neck pain?
- Muscle stiffness and tightness in the upper body
- Numbness or tingling
- Discomfort and pain when remaining in the same position for too long
- Inability to fully stand up or sit up straight
- Arm weakness
- Loss of sleep due to pain and discomfort
There are several conditions that may lead to neck pain. Damage to the tissues or bone structures in the neck is the leading cause of neck pain. This damage can occur from a sudden injury or develop over time from repetitive overuse. Certain degenerative diseases may also lead to neck pain. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Injuries. Whiplash is one of the most common injuries resulting in neck pain. It is referred to as “strain” injury, due to the rapid back-and-forth motion that the neck experiences. Whiplash is most commonly sustained in car accidents or high-impact sports collisions, and it affects the soft tissues in the back of the neck.
- Muscle strains. Overuse can cause the muscles in the back of your neck to become strained. Even something as simple as sitting at your desk all day with your neck craned toward the computer screen can lead to a strain in your neck muscles.
- Nerve compression. If you have a herniated disc in your neck, the nerves that branch out from your spinal cord can become compressed. In some cases, nerve pain can even result in “radiculopathy,” which is a condition where pain extends from your neck all the way down to your hands and fingers.
- Joint degeneration. Any joint in your body is susceptible to age-related erosion, and your neck is no exception. Conditions such as osteoarthritis can also reduce the cartilage between the vertebrae in the neck, which can result in moderate to severe pain.
- Illnesses. Certain diseases and ailments can result in neck pain, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis, or even cancer.
Book a Session
Treating neck pain with physiotherapy:
Manual therapy is a common treatment method for neck pain, which consists of special techniques designed to reduce the stiffness of your neck and improve its range of motion. Our Vitality physiotherapist will also provide you with targeted exercises and stretches, aimed at building, strengthening, and improving the muscles and tissues in your neck. Additional treatment methods may be added into your treatment plan as our Vitality physiotherapist deems fit, including ice and heat therapies, electrical stimulation, or ultrasound.
Don’t let neck pain limit your life any longer – contact our Riverside South physiotherapy office today to schedule your consultation. Get started on the path toward recovery and experience neck pain relief with Vitality Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre!